Photographer: Margaret Ridder, Redmond
Photo taken: March 14, Redmond Elementary School
Photographer’s description: “I was walking around the front of the elementary school looking for a subject for a class of mine and saw the trees in full bloom. I couldn’t resist. I used a Nikon D40 with a 55-200 mm lens.”
Expert says: “This is a beautiful photo — the soft colors are wonderful, and underexposing it a stop or so adds to that softness. One thing I really like is how the photographer basically split the frame in half with the branch. I enjoy that the flowers in the center are in focus and the rest fade off.”
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
— Katie G. Cotterill, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.