Photographer: Berl Nussbaum, Seattle
Photo taken: April 7, Magnuson Park, Seattle
Photographer’s description: “Wandering on top of berm overlooking the marsh, looking for birds. Camera was Panasonic DMC-FZ35, used in close-up mode.”
Expert says: “Nice job spotting (get it?!) these little guys. Next time, get in even closer either by ‘zooming with your feet’ or cropping tighter. I want to see our little friends even bigger in the frame. I love how they contrast against the green grass but are on the purple-ish foliage as if they are making it change color. Also, try experimenting with depth of field by making that grass in the background more blurred — it will help get rid of the distracting texture and direct our focus on our friends.”
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
— Katie G. Cotterill, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.