Seattle Times reader Duke Coonrad's photo of snow geese, a pretty Skagit Valley church and snowy Mount Baker.
Duke Coonrad, Mercer Island
Photo taken: March 8, Fir Island, Skagit County
Photographer’s description: “The snow geese overnight on Skagit Bay and leave in the early a.m. to feed in surrounding farm fields. Thousands of snow geese circled in the air before deciding to land just south of the Fir-Conway Lutheran Church. Mount Baker was out to provide a magnificent background. Taken with a Canon 7D with a Canon 70-300mm lens.”
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- Every street can't handle every use, mayor says
- Confidence is key for 24-year-old lawmaker
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: 'He just doesn't trust a lot of people'
Most Read Stories
Expert says: “What a breathtaking scene! The snow geese covering the ground mimic the snow on the mountain. A long lens and small aperture pull the layers of landscape together and preserve the details. A long, shallow crop is effective at emphasizing the layers composing the photograph.”
— Kathryn Bachen, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos. We’ll judge the best and award a prize in December.