SkiFever and Snowboard Show, Seattle, Nov. 20-22, 2009.
Shop for everything you need for the winter sports season at bargain prices at this weekend’s Seattle SkiFever and Snowboard Show. Just in time for the early arrival of the snow season, the show is at a new location at the Washington State Convention & Trade Center, with dozens of local snow-gear retailers offering up to 70 percent off everything for skiers and snowboarders, info on new gear from manufacturers and a used-gear sale billed as The Northwest’s Largest Ski Swap.
Ski resorts and vacation packagers will be on hand with information and giveaways including a two-for-one lift ticket to Mission Ridge and Stevens Pass for everyone attending the show. Activities and entertainment include a ski jump, trampoline, fashion show, movies and more.
Meet Ryder the snowboarding dog, a terrier who loves to shred on his custom-made canine skis and snowboard with his owner, Bob Wenger, and Freestyle Super Pipe champion skier David Wise, performing his high-flying aerials all weekend.
Show hours are 1-10 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $12/adults, $3/ages 6-12, or free for ages 6 and younger. Donate a winter coat, adult size medium or larger, for Heroes for the Homeless and get $3 off adult admission.
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
- Man who drowned in Lake Washington was watching hydros, jumped in to swim
- Oh, rats! Seattle is one of the rattiest places in U.S.
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Old office-temperature rule for men leaves women freezing at work
Most Read Stories
For information, see seattleskifever.com.