Photographer: Douglas Chewning, Lynnwood
Photo taken: April 28, Edmonds Beach
Photographer’s description: “I was taking a walk on the beach early in the morning. Sure glad I had my camera. I spotted this Western sandpiper searching for food and enjoying the sunshine also. Taken with Canon EOS 7D, F-Stop: 5.6, 1/1600 second, ISO: 400, exposure bias: +0.3 stop, lens: Canon 100-400mm.”
Expert says: “This photo has brilliantly beautiful colors and that gorgeous early-morning light enhances them. The photographer did an excellent job using his telephoto to showcase the sandpiper by blurring out the background and allowing the colorful seaweed to still be in focus.”
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
Most Read Stories
— Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.