Photographer: Douglas Chewning, Lynnwood
Photo taken: April 28, Edmonds Beach
Photographer’s description: “I was taking a walk on the beach early in the morning. Sure glad I had my camera. I spotted this Western sandpiper searching for food and enjoying the sunshine also. Taken with Canon EOS 7D, F-Stop: 5.6, 1/1600 second, ISO: 400, exposure bias: +0.3 stop, lens: Canon 100-400mm.”
Expert says: “This photo has brilliantly beautiful colors and that gorgeous early-morning light enhances them. The photographer did an excellent job using his telephoto to showcase the sandpiper by blurring out the background and allowing the colorful seaweed to still be in focus.”
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space
Most Read Stories
— Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.