Photographer: Meg Healas, Lynnwood
Photo taken: Dec. 29, at Pike Place Market
Photographer’s description: “I love the market and I look for interesting colors and patterns. The rock fish looked great with the salmon. Taken with a Sony AX100, Sony lens, 70mm autofocus.”
Expert says: “Looking for patterns and repetition is a great way to make ordinary life documentation a little more interesting. These types of photos are some of my favorite. I love the pop of color in a relatively mute photo, and having the rock fish not in the center of the frame makes the image a bit more intricate. “
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
– Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.