A longtime Washington outdoors writer offers up some of his all-time favorite places and adventures. See the related links below for a list of outings.
How do I love cycling Chelan? Let me count the ways: I love that spring springs earlier in this Eastern Washington burg and that it rains not nearly as often, that vehicle traffic is sparser, the roads smooth and the shoulders wide. That some roads go up, up and up (e.g., McNeil Canyon Road) whilst others meander lazily, twisting this way and that way, through orchards and vineyards above beautiful Lake Chelan.
Chelan is about 3½ hours northeast of Seattle.
Mike McQuaide is the author of six guidebooks including “75 Classic Rides: Washington” (The Mountaineers Books).
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
- Priced out: Has the King County diaspora begun?