Photographer: Peter Jarvis, Sammamish
Photo taken: Oct. 28, Laughing Meadows Farm, Sammamish
Photographer’s description: “Heading out to ride in the early morning. Shot with a Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100M2.”
Expert says: “Great job in seeing the light and how it filtered through the fog. I love the shadow cast from the horse and soon-to-be rider. This photo makes me feel like I’m there on that crisp morning (although that might be because it’s hard to shake the freezing temperatures lately). Suggestion: I might consider cropping from the top to about the top of the trees, with a little breathing room; from the right to about halfway to the first fence post; from the bottom to the bottom of that first fence post; and from the left just slightly. It will emphasize everything important in that frame a bit more — the horse and rider, the fog, the light and the lines of the fence. This is a very tranquil shot.”
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space
Most Read Stories
— Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). Look for our Reader Photos of the Year feature in the Dec. 22 issue of NWTraveler.