To mark this year’s 100th anniversary of Washington’s state parks system, we asked readers to name best and worst state parks and share their photos. The response was resounding and sometimes passionate. Many have fond memories of family campouts and outings, and in the category of “Worst State Parks,” the most common response was, basically, “There are no bad parks!” Click on circles to find picks for “best all-around,” “best camping,” and “most kid-friendly” parks. Many were chosen in multiple categories.
Starred parks got the most votes in a given category.
MAP BY DEAN KRAMER, LAUREN RABAINO AND KELLY SHEA / THE SEATTLE TIMES
What’s your “best”? Tell us in the comments
More Washington state parks:
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Marshawn Lynch leaves behind a legacy like no other with Seahawks
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect
Most Read Stories
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-40278005-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'seattletimes.com']); _gaq.push(['_setAllowLinker', true]); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);