To mark this year’s 100th anniversary of Washington’s state parks system, we asked readers to name best and worst state parks and share their photos. The response was resounding and sometimes passionate. Many have fond memories of family campouts and outings, and in the category of “Worst State Parks,” the most common response was, basically, “There are no bad parks!” Click on circles to find picks for “best all-around,” “best camping,” and “most kid-friendly” parks. Many were chosen in multiple categories.
Starred parks got the most votes in a given category.
MAP BY DEAN KRAMER, LAUREN RABAINO AND KELLY SHEA / THE SEATTLE TIMES
What’s your “best”? Tell us in the comments
More Washington state parks:
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Russell Wilson hits homer with Texas Rangers
Most Read Stories
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-40278005-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'seattletimes.com']); _gaq.push(['_setAllowLinker', true]); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);