To mark this year’s 100th anniversary of Washington’s state parks system, we asked readers to name best and worst state parks and share their photos. The response was resounding and sometimes passionate. Many have fond memories of family campouts and outings, and in the category of “Worst State Parks,” the most common response was, basically, “There are no bad parks!” Click on circles to find picks for “best all-around,” “best camping,” and “most kid-friendly” parks. Many were chosen in multiple categories.
Starred parks got the most votes in a given category.
MAP BY DEAN KRAMER, LAUREN RABAINO AND KELLY SHEA / THE SEATTLE TIMES
What’s your “best”? Tell us in the comments
More Washington state parks:
- Five shot, two dead, at Seattle homeless encampment
- On Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch -- and bonus money
- Man dies after trench collapses in West Seattle
- Anti-government leader in custody in Oregon after shooting
- Man who says he feared mass shootings accidentally shoots stranger in movie theater, police say
Most Read Stories
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-40278005-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'seattletimes.com']); _gaq.push(['_setAllowLinker', true]); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);