To mark this year’s 100th anniversary of Washington’s state parks system, we asked readers to name best and worst state parks and share their photos. The response was resounding and sometimes passionate. Many have fond memories of family campouts and outings, and in the category of “Worst State Parks,” the most common response was, basically, “There are no bad parks!” Click on circles to find picks for “best all-around,” “best camping,” and “most kid-friendly” parks. Many were chosen in multiple categories.
Starred parks got the most votes in a given category.
MAP BY DEAN KRAMER, LAUREN RABAINO AND KELLY SHEA / THE SEATTLE TIMES
What’s your “best”? Tell us in the comments
More Washington state parks:
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- Washington basketball great Christian Welp dies at 51
- Mumford & Sons, Foo Fighters, coming to big Walla Walla fest
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
Most Read Stories
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-40278005-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'seattletimes.com']); _gaq.push(['_setAllowLinker', true]); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);