To mark this year’s 100th anniversary of Washington’s state parks system, we asked readers to name best and worst state parks and share their photos. The response was resounding and sometimes passionate. Many have fond memories of family campouts and outings, and in the category of “Worst State Parks,” the most common response was, basically, “There are no bad parks!” Click on circles to find picks for “best all-around,” “best camping,” and “most kid-friendly” parks. Many were chosen in multiple categories.
Starred parks got the most votes in a given category.
MAP BY DEAN KRAMER, LAUREN RABAINO AND KELLY SHEA / THE SEATTLE TIMES
What’s your “best”? Tell us in the comments
More Washington state parks:
- Prosecutor: Seahawks' draft pick is not a batterer
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick Frank Clark
- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
- King County home prices surge, just shy of 2007 peak
- NFL finds Patriots employees probably deflated balls
Most Read Stories
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-40278005-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'seattletimes.com']); _gaq.push(['_setAllowLinker', true]); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);