Seattle Times reader Alan Fritzberg's photo of a basking man at the summit of Goat Mountain.
Alan Fritzberg, Bellingham
Summit of Goat Mountain with view of Mount Shuksan
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- How Evergreen State prof guided Supreme Court on gay marriage
Most Read Stories
“This was a first time for hiking alpine trails this summer with the late melt-out. The weather was very warm and clear, making this a perfect day for hiking.”
“This is a beautiful photograph with a quiet moment (one I’d love to be having right now). The photographer used the rule of thirds well to capture this man basking in the sun. Being level with him allows the mountain to pop behind him. Great execution.”
— Katie Greene,
Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos. We’ll judge the best and award a prize in December.