Seattle Times reader Alan Fritzberg's photo of a basking man at the summit of Goat Mountain.
Alan Fritzberg, Bellingham
Summit of Goat Mountain with view of Mount Shuksan
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Queen Anne apartments -- at half the usual cost
- Bing no longer a search-engine blip
Most Read Stories
“This was a first time for hiking alpine trails this summer with the late melt-out. The weather was very warm and clear, making this a perfect day for hiking.”
“This is a beautiful photograph with a quiet moment (one I’d love to be having right now). The photographer used the rule of thirds well to capture this man basking in the sun. Being level with him allows the mountain to pop behind him. Great execution.”
— Katie Greene,
Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos. We’ll judge the best and award a prize in December.