Photographer: Kay Knox, Seattle
Photo taken: Oct. 5, at a hop farm in Prosser, Benton County
Photographer’s description: “We were on a family day trip to take in harvest activity with our friend Jim, owner of Willard Farms, as our guide and teacher. We saw apples, grapes and hops being harvested. It was a wonderful experience. I took this photo on my Panasonic Lumix FZ35.”
Expert says: “Detail shots are one of my favorite ways to tell stories. Look at the story in this photo! You can learn so much about a person from their hands. The grit and character of this gentleman’s hands are captured wonderfully. And the pops of green and yellow of this new hop flower contrast so nicely against them. Great job by the photographer to get in close.”
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver
Most Read Stories
— Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.