Photographer: Pamela Madigan, Bainbridge Island
Photo taken: Aug. 24, in her home garden
Photographer’s description: “I went out to look at my dahlias and found a tree frog perched in the middle of one. I went and got my iPhone, Canon G15 and my Canon Rebel XTi. This was shot with the G15.”
Expert says: “Awesome photo! I love how the dahlia fills the frame and creates a clean and nondistracting background. The frog pops against the yellow and he looks so cozy on that petal — a great contrast in textures. Great find and great job paying attention to the little details.”
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
— Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.