Photographer: Patrick Schrote, Seattle
Photo taken: Dec. 7, off Lowman Park, West Seattle
Photographer’s description: “Christmas ship, with the Olympics in the background at sunset.”
Expert says: “This would make a great Christmas-card image. I love the color of the sky against the mountains. The setting light on the boat separates it from the dark background. If that light wasn’t there, this photo wouldn’t work, even with the lights on the boat. This photo feels like the holidays in the Puget Sound area and that’s one of the reasons I like it so much. Lovely shot.”
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
Most Read Stories
— Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.