Photographer: Jesse Fitzgerald, Maple Valley
Photo taken: Jan. 21, near Enumclaw
Photographer’s description: “I was out trying to capture the cold air and frost and came across these horses in the field. Just after noon, shot with the sun high and off to the right in the picture, with a Canon 5D MkII and a 24-105 L lens.”
Expert says: “The iced-over trees and fog with the peaceful horses has a calming effect. Great job comparing the densities of the tones. Tip: Wait for the third horse from the left to step forward to separate him from the second horse. Another idea is to wait for a horse to come closer to create more layers by having a more prominent foreground. The key is waiting around for that perfect moment.”
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
Most Read Stories
– Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.