Photographer: Jesse Fitzgerald, Maple Valley
Photo taken: Jan. 21, near Enumclaw
Photographer’s description: “I was out trying to capture the cold air and frost and came across these horses in the field. Just after noon, shot with the sun high and off to the right in the picture, with a Canon 5D MkII and a 24-105 L lens.”
Expert says: “The iced-over trees and fog with the peaceful horses has a calming effect. Great job comparing the densities of the tones. Tip: Wait for the third horse from the left to step forward to separate him from the second horse. Another idea is to wait for a horse to come closer to create more layers by having a more prominent foreground. The key is waiting around for that perfect moment.”
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
- Photo shows Chicago cops posing over black man with antlers
Most Read Stories
– Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.