Photographer: Rod Hoekstra, Seattle Photo taken: May 21, John Day Fossil Bed National Monument, Ore. Photographer's description: "I stopped...
Rod Hoekstra, Seattle
Photo taken: May 21, John Day Fossil Bed National Monument, Ore.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Offense needs big kick as Seahawks snag 16-15 victory
Most Read Stories
“I stopped in the Painted Hills toward sunset and was treated to this rainbow when the sun popped out. Shot with a Canon 50D camera and Canon 10-22mm lens.”
“The sunlight highlights the layering of color in the hills, while the absence of the light allows the background to cleanly fade out. Shooting from a lower elevation and angle would help the hills rise up and fill more of the frame.”
— Kathryn Bachen,
Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos. We’ll judge the best and award a prize in December.