Photographer: Rod Hoekstra, Seattle Photo taken: May 21, John Day Fossil Bed National Monument, Ore. Photographer's description: "I stopped...
Rod Hoekstra, Seattle
Photo taken: May 21, John Day Fossil Bed National Monument, Ore.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
“I stopped in the Painted Hills toward sunset and was treated to this rainbow when the sun popped out. Shot with a Canon 50D camera and Canon 10-22mm lens.”
“The sunlight highlights the layering of color in the hills, while the absence of the light allows the background to cleanly fade out. Shooting from a lower elevation and angle would help the hills rise up and fill more of the frame.”
— Kathryn Bachen,
Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos. We’ll judge the best and award a prize in December.