Photographer: Rod Hoekstra, Seattle Photo taken: May 21, John Day Fossil Bed National Monument, Ore. Photographer's description: "I stopped...
Rod Hoekstra, Seattle
Photo taken: May 21, John Day Fossil Bed National Monument, Ore.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
“I stopped in the Painted Hills toward sunset and was treated to this rainbow when the sun popped out. Shot with a Canon 50D camera and Canon 10-22mm lens.”
“The sunlight highlights the layering of color in the hills, while the absence of the light allows the background to cleanly fade out. Shooting from a lower elevation and angle would help the hills rise up and fill more of the frame.”
— Kathryn Bachen,
Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos. We’ll judge the best and award a prize in December.