Photographer: Rod Hoekstra, Seattle Photo taken: May 21, John Day Fossil Bed National Monument, Ore. Photographer's description: "I stopped...
Rod Hoekstra, Seattle
Photo taken: May 21, John Day Fossil Bed National Monument, Ore.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- Car strikes 3 at Sasquatch festival; 1 serious injury
- Defenses will have tough choices to make vs. Seahawks, tight end Jimmy Graham
Most Read Stories
“I stopped in the Painted Hills toward sunset and was treated to this rainbow when the sun popped out. Shot with a Canon 50D camera and Canon 10-22mm lens.”
“The sunlight highlights the layering of color in the hills, while the absence of the light allows the background to cleanly fade out. Shooting from a lower elevation and angle would help the hills rise up and fill more of the frame.”
— Kathryn Bachen,
Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos. We’ll judge the best and award a prize in December.