Photographer: Tarou Sakana, Seattle
Photo taken: Aug. 15, South Lake Union, Seattle
Photographer’s description: “Walking in Lake Union Park at night, I found a perfect mirror image of the Space Needle on the surface of a pond. My camera is a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS. Shutter speed 8 seconds, f/8.0, ISO 80.”
Expert says: “This photo has a nice clarity from using a low ISO and long shutter speed. I like how the horizon splits the photo in half and is close to perfect on the reflection, which wouldn’t occur if the pond wasn’t still. The little starbursts are a nice touch.”
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
— Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.