Photographer: Tarou Sakana, Seattle
Photo taken: Aug. 15, South Lake Union, Seattle
Photographer’s description: “Walking in Lake Union Park at night, I found a perfect mirror image of the Space Needle on the surface of a pond. My camera is a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS. Shutter speed 8 seconds, f/8.0, ISO 80.”
Expert says: “This photo has a nice clarity from using a low ISO and long shutter speed. I like how the horizon splits the photo in half and is close to perfect on the reflection, which wouldn’t occur if the pond wasn’t still. The little starbursts are a nice touch.”
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
Most Read Stories
— Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.