Photographer: Heidi Hansen, Seattle
Photo taken: Feb. 7, Magnuson Park, Seattle
Photographer’s description: “The glistening of the icicles in the bright sunlight caught my eye during my walk along Lake Washington. Photo was taken with Canon SX50.”
Expert says: “Wow — those icicles are massive! Great job by the photographer to get out in the cold to spot these. The bright blue of the sky that’s also reflected on the water makes the glistening icicles stand out nicely. I wish there was another layer in this photo, either something in the background, on the lake, or stepping back to include something (are there more icicles?) in the foreground. Nevertheless, these icicles are definitely photoworthy. Nice work.”
- One flight missed, whole trip gets canceled. And no refund
- So how did the Seahawks' draft grade out?
- Seahawks made mistake by drafting Frank Clark
- Washington star Nigel Williams-Goss transfers to Gonzaga
- Delta's rivalry with Alaska Air triggers benefits, risks
Most Read Stories
— Katie G. Cotterill, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.