Photographer: Dale Johnson, Seattle
Photo taken: June 22, Discovery Park lighthouse, Seattle
Photographer’s description: “I added a crystal ball to my photo kit and have been having fun shooting scenes around Seattle (see dalejohnson.smugmug.com/Seattle-in-a-Crystal-Ball/). The ball acts like a fisheye lens inverting the image. Nikon D800E, 1/10 sec at f13, ISO 100.”
Expert says: “This adds a whole new meaning to ‘look into my crystal ball.’ You have to look closely into that ball to figure out the image, a nice way to engage the viewer. The sunset is gorgeous and the wood texture is a nice contrast to the out-of-focus background. Great color, technical use of the camera and creativity make this frame a keeper.”
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- How Evergreen State prof guided Supreme Court on gay marriage
Most Read Stories
– Katie G. Cotterill Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.