Photographer: Dale Johnson, Seattle
Photo taken: June 22, Discovery Park lighthouse, Seattle
Photographer’s description: “I added a crystal ball to my photo kit and have been having fun shooting scenes around Seattle (see dalejohnson.smugmug.com/Seattle-in-a-Crystal-Ball/). The ball acts like a fisheye lens inverting the image. Nikon D800E, 1/10 sec at f13, ISO 100.”
Expert says: “This adds a whole new meaning to ‘look into my crystal ball.’ You have to look closely into that ball to figure out the image, a nice way to engage the viewer. The sunset is gorgeous and the wood texture is a nice contrast to the out-of-focus background. Great color, technical use of the camera and creativity make this frame a keeper.”
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
– Katie G. Cotterill Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.