MADRID — A passenger jetliner preparing to leave Barcelona’s El Prat airport taxied across a runway where another was about to land, forcing the arriving plane to abort its landing and climb sharply to avoid a possible disaster.
Amateur video footage filmed Saturday showed the Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus 340 crossing the runway just as the aircraft from Russian airline Utair was making its final approach.
Spanish airport authority AENA said Monday the Russian plane, which officials described only as a Boeing, circled back and landed safely. None of the passengers on either plane was hurt.
AENA said it has opened an investigation into what happened. It had no details on how close the planes were at the time of the incident.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more