Photographer: Paul Weeks, Stanwood
Photo taken: March 17, Bridal Veil Falls State Park, Columbia River Gorge, Ore.
Photographer’s description: “I just picked up a camera a few weeks ago and this was my first trip to take photos. Spent the weekend hiking, exploring the Oneonta Gorge and taking photos of interesting waterfalls along the way.”
Expert says: “This photo is beautiful in itself, but the photographer only picking up a camera a few weeks ago makes it amazing. Kudos to him! This is a great use of a slow shutter speed to show movement in the water. I like the contrast of the dark-green moss against the white rushing water — something a little different from the normal rapids/waterfall shot.”
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
Most Read Stories
– Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.