Photographer: Robin Houck, Bainbridge Island
Photo taken: Oct. 12, Eagle Harbor, Bainbridge Island
Photographer’s description: “Seattle as seen from under the hull of the off-duty state ferry Wenatchee. Taken with a Nikon D300e, 28-300 mm, from a friend’s skiff.”
Expert says: “This black and white photo is very elegant. I love the contrast from pure black in the lower left corner to the grays and whites of the skyline and water. By having this photo in black and white, it creates a feeling of seclusion and calmness. It also reminds me of classy architectural photography. We don’t always get to see ferries from this angle, so I appreciate that as well.”
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
— Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.