Seattle Times reader Janine Graf's dreamy image of a young cello player on the sidewalk at Seattle's Pike Place Market.
Janine Graf, Redmond
Feb. 4, Pike Place Market, Seattle
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France
Most Read Stories
“It was the most beautiful sunny day in Seattle; I swear Seattleites were skipping down the street! This lovely young, talented woman was playing her cello near Starbucks; I thought the light was so beautiful on her. Taken with the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone4S.”
“Using available light and a filter in post production, this image exhibits a strong mood, as if it was an old memory or dream. The composition is successful, as it puts the subject in the left third of the frame, facing into the image. The repetition of onlookers’ shadows show that there is an audience without actually showing people, keeping the focus on the musician. Suggestion: Crop down from the top slightly to get rid of the distracting logos on the windows.”
— Kathryn Bachen, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos. We’ll judge the best and award a prize in December.