Seattle Times reader Janine Graf's dreamy image of a young cello player on the sidewalk at Seattle's Pike Place Market.
Janine Graf, Redmond
Feb. 4, Pike Place Market, Seattle
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
“It was the most beautiful sunny day in Seattle; I swear Seattleites were skipping down the street! This lovely young, talented woman was playing her cello near Starbucks; I thought the light was so beautiful on her. Taken with the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone4S.”
“Using available light and a filter in post production, this image exhibits a strong mood, as if it was an old memory or dream. The composition is successful, as it puts the subject in the left third of the frame, facing into the image. The repetition of onlookers’ shadows show that there is an audience without actually showing people, keeping the focus on the musician. Suggestion: Crop down from the top slightly to get rid of the distracting logos on the windows.”
— Kathryn Bachen, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos. We’ll judge the best and award a prize in December.