Photographer: Bruce Bray, Enumclaw
Photo taken: Feb 23, Sund Rock Conservation Area marine reserve, Hood Canal
Photographer’s description: “A Saturday at Sund Rock with my wife, Ramona Bray. This picture was shot through an opening of a small shipwreck. Used a Canon G12 with Ikelite Housing and two Fantasea Nano strobes.”
Expert says: “Underwater photos can be really cool because we don’t see that environment every day. The framing of the scuba diver through the shipwreck is great, and I like the fish swimming by. It could be nice to see a little more of the shipwreck. Great job executing this photo with all the elements that come with it.”
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license
- Undetected measles led to Clallam County woman’s death
Most Read Stories
– Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.