Photographer: Melody Leung, Seattle
Photo taken: Jan. 19, Tiger Mountain
Photographer’s description: “Sunday hike on a beautiful foggy afternoon. Silence and peace under the cathedral of trees in the mist. Photo was taken around 2:30 p.m. with my iPhone 5. No modifications were made.”
Expert says: “What’s so great about technology today is that we can just pull out our phone to document what we see and experience. We don’t necessarily have to lug around a bulky camera to get that shot, which is nice on a hike such as where this photo was taken. I love the lines of the trees and how some are silhouetted and others are faded because of the fog. Tip: Try waiting for a moment to happen, such as a bird flying through the white space or one of your hiking buddies walking through the base of those trees, to add another element to this striking photo.”
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
Most Read Stories
— Katie G. Cotterill, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.