Photographer: Ashwin Palekar, Sammamish
Photo taken: April 14, from Mount Si, near North Bend
“A thick curtain of clouds covered the entire area. Within minutes, the cloudy curtain unveiled and it became warm and sunny. This magical moment was captured with a Sony Cyber-shot TX20 with picture effect. Come rain or shine, beauty is always there in our Pacific Northwest.”
Expert says: “I love how this photo combines so many weather elements. The rain coming from the cloud is really cool and the snow in the foreground completes the photo. I could do without the extra contrast that the picture effect probably causes. Great job by the photographer to be in a position to take this photo — that’s the biggest battle.”
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
Most Read Stories
– Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.