Photographer: Chris Picard, Seattle
Photo taken: March 16, downtown Seattle
Photographer’s description: “We went to the Saint Patrick’s Day parade in Seattle. I thought the best part was the Pipe and Drum Corps whose members are from various firefighting agencies throughout the region. I was looking for a point where the colorful drums all lined up. I used a Nikon D300 with an 80x400mm lens and I got down low for this shot.”
Expert says: “I love how all you can see in this photo is the drums and that one hand coming out to make music. The repetition of the circular drums is really nice. The bright colors add to this photo as well. I might crop in slightly from the left to get rid of some of the dead space and accentuate the repetition of the drums.”
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
Most Read Stories
– Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.