LAS VEGAS — Allegiant Air officials say a Bellingham-bound plane having engine problems turned around and returned to Las Vegas on Sunday night.
Allegiant spokesman Justin Ralenkotter says Flight 225 to Bellingham departed McCarran International Airport at 7:10 p.m. Sunday before crew members noticed an oil temperature problem in one of the plane’s two engines.
The MD-80 aircraft arrived back in Las Vegas at 7:48 p.m.
Ralenkotter says passengers hadn’t reported problems during the short ride, and the plane is designed to continue operating on a single engine.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Queen Anne apartments -- at half the usual cost
- Bing no longer a search-engine blip
Most Read Stories
The 140 passengers on board will receive a full refund as well as a $100 voucher for future travel and a hotel room if they live further than 50 miles away.
Another flight to Bellingham was scheduled for 7:30 a.m. Monday.