Photographer: Leia M. Smith, Seattle
Photo taken: May 4, Dunn Gardens
Photographer’s description: “My friends and I went for a spring tour of the Dunn Gardens in North Seattle. The bees are busy at this time of the year. This photo was taken using Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H10, ISO 200, 44 mm, f/4 at 1/400, no filter, natural light.”
Expert says: “This is a really nice bee-in-a-flower photo. I like the placement of the bee in the frame and the funkiness of the center of the flower. The light that falls on the bee is beautiful. The flower filling the frame with the green foliage surrounding it is nice, too. It could be interesting to try a tighter crop on the bee to give it more emphasis in the frame.”
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect
Most Read Stories
— Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.