Photographer: Patrick Freeny, Bellevue
Photo taken: Dec. 5, Chihuly Garden and Glass, Seattle Center
Photographer’s description: “A cold, clear night at the Chihuly Garden at the start of the holiday season. Shot with iPhone 4s.”
Expert says: “I love how this photo has structure in the beams of the Glasshouse and the Space Needle yet has the flow of the Chihuly glass. The contrast of the reds and yellows of the glass with the blues and greens of the light on the Space Needle is also nice. Suggestion: Consider taking this photo earlier in the evening, at a different angle, or having a different focus to help minimize the reflection of the window panes to clean up the photo a bit.”
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
– Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.