Photographer: Nick Heminger, Everett
Photo taken: Seattle Center, May 26
Photographer’s description: “Musician at this year’s Folklife Festival at Seattle Center. I liked that he was carrying what he valued on his back, his guitar and a trusting canine friend. Photo taken with a Canon EOS Rebel T3.”
Expert says: “I love the focus on the dog’s eyes. Once I got sucked into the photo by those eyes I then went to the musician’s eyes and then back to the dog’s eyes in this circular motion. By making this photo black and white, I concentrate on the dog and I don’t get distracted by what’s around the frame; it gives it a classic feel. Nice portrait.”
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
– Katie G. Cotterill, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.