Photographer: Lauren Tracey, age 15, Peoria, Ariz. (living in Seattle this summer)
Photo taken: June 28, Golden Gardens Park, Seattle
Photographer’s description: “A number of sailboats all set out right as the sun was reflecting off the (water). They were so close to the shore that it made for a magical experience that I feel was captured in the photo. This is one of my favorite photos I have ever taken and I hope you enjoy it! “
Expert says: “Really beautiful moment on the Sound! The blue sky is rich and contrasts well with the bright sun on the boats. The horizon appears to be a little off level; adjust a bit and the picture will be cleaner. Maybe even crop more tightly so there is not as much beach in the bottom right. Looks like a great night to be on the beach.”
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
— Courtney Riffkin, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.