Photographer: Francis David, Seattle.
Photo taken: June 21, Columbia City, Seattle.
Photographer’s description: The photo was taken at my neighbor’s back yard in their chicken coop. My 12-year-old neighbor was showing off their chicken’s newborn chicks. The chicks were only a few days old.
Expert says: “I really like the selective focus in this photo. Choosing the chicks to be in focus instead of the neighbor’s face shifts your attention to what is being shown off and creates a bit more interesting photo. Try doing this while making other photos; it could change how you see things.”
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Offense needs big kick as Seahawks snag 16-15 victory
Most Read Stories
Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.