Photographer: Francis David, Seattle.
Photo taken: June 21, Columbia City, Seattle.
Photographer’s description: The photo was taken at my neighbor’s back yard in their chicken coop. My 12-year-old neighbor was showing off their chicken’s newborn chicks. The chicks were only a few days old.
Expert says: “I really like the selective focus in this photo. Choosing the chicks to be in focus instead of the neighbor’s face shifts your attention to what is being shown off and creates a bit more interesting photo. Try doing this while making other photos; it could change how you see things.”
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.