The Taylor Bridge fire in Central Washington has consumed 60 homes, possibly thousands of animals and has not yet been contained. The fire has spread across 28,000 acres, from Cle Elum to Ellensburg north of I-90.
I am humbled by this inferno, and the power of Mother Nature, and grateful no injuries have been reported. I am inspired by the courage of neighbors banding together to dig fire lines.
A parlor question was suddenly made real for more than 900 people: What would you take with you if your house was on fire? (Assuming your family and pets escaped safely.)
Share your one-word response in the word cloud below.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived