The Taylor Bridge fire in Central Washington has consumed 60 homes, possibly thousands of animals and has not yet been contained. The fire has spread across 28,000 acres, from Cle Elum to Ellensburg north of I-90.
I am humbled by this inferno, and the power of Mother Nature, and grateful no injuries have been reported. I am inspired by the courage of neighbors banding together to dig fire lines.
A parlor question was suddenly made real for more than 900 people: What would you take with you if your house was on fire? (Assuming your family and pets escaped safely.)
Share your one-word response in the word cloud below.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Man arrested in attack on Metro bus driver