The Taylor Bridge fire in Central Washington has consumed 60 homes, possibly thousands of animals and has not yet been contained. The fire has spread across 28,000 acres, from Cle Elum to Ellensburg north of I-90.
I am humbled by this inferno, and the power of Mother Nature, and grateful no injuries have been reported. I am inspired by the courage of neighbors banding together to dig fire lines.
A parlor question was suddenly made real for more than 900 people: What would you take with you if your house was on fire? (Assuming your family and pets escaped safely.)
Share your one-word response in the word cloud below.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Pro Football Focus breaks down the final five Seahawks' draft picks