Check out these reads to chew over for your Monday morning.
Dissecting the Seattle City Light rate hike: Our editorial calls for citizens and the City Council closely scrutinize the proposed rate hike of 4.7 percent per year. Excerpt:
Seattle’s economy is underpinned by relatively low-cost power, an advantage, the city cannot afford to lose.
Mitt Romney: The Republican presidential candidate is in town today for a private fundraiser at Medina, according to The Today File.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Pedestrian struck on I-5 dies
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle tops Pittsburgh Steelers, 39-30, in back-and-forth thriller
Most Read Stories
Penn Cove derelict ship: The Seattle Times interviews the owner of the ship that sunk in Penn Cove, who claims it’s all a big misunderstanding. This ship leaked 5,000 gallons of fuel and shut down mussel harvesting.
More development on Pike/Pine: Looks like developers of the Pravda building at 10th and Union will be tearing it down and rebuilding, according to Capitol Hill Seattle. Neighborhood activists have already been debating the future of the Bauhaus building on Pine.
Food trucks in Paris: Suggest a new Jay-Z and Kanye West single — “My Food Truck’s in Paris.” A California company has opened food trucks in Paris and they’ve been a hit, according to The New York Times. “Among young Parisians, there is currently no greater praise for cuisine than ‘très Brooklyn.’ ” They may have been swayed by NBC anchor Brian Williams’ take on Brooklyn and The New York Times last year. Here is the Youtube video from user Jbutler11238.