Check out these reads to chew over for your Monday morning.
Dissecting the Seattle City Light rate hike: Our editorial calls for citizens and the City Council closely scrutinize the proposed rate hike of 4.7 percent per year. Excerpt:
Seattle’s economy is underpinned by relatively low-cost power, an advantage, the city cannot afford to lose.
Mitt Romney: The Republican presidential candidate is in town today for a private fundraiser at Medina, according to The Today File.
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
Most Read Stories
Penn Cove derelict ship: The Seattle Times interviews the owner of the ship that sunk in Penn Cove, who claims it’s all a big misunderstanding. This ship leaked 5,000 gallons of fuel and shut down mussel harvesting.
More development on Pike/Pine: Looks like developers of the Pravda building at 10th and Union will be tearing it down and rebuilding, according to Capitol Hill Seattle. Neighborhood activists have already been debating the future of the Bauhaus building on Pine.
Food trucks in Paris: Suggest a new Jay-Z and Kanye West single — “My Food Truck’s in Paris.” A California company has opened food trucks in Paris and they’ve been a hit, according to The New York Times. “Among young Parisians, there is currently no greater praise for cuisine than ‘très Brooklyn.’ ” They may have been swayed by NBC anchor Brian Williams’ take on Brooklyn and The New York Times last year. Here is the Youtube video from user Jbutler11238.