Did you catch the gentleman’s debate Tuesday night? I’m referring to the state gubernatorial debate between Republican Rob McKenna and Democrat Jay Inslee. Compared with Barack Obama and Mitt Romney’s cage fight at the presidential debate the same evening, the local debate at KING5 felt like a game of checkers. On the downside, there was no catch phrase like Romney’s “binders full of women.”
My biggest complaint about the gubernatorial debate is that it is unintelligible to the average Washington voter. Does the average voter know what the McCleary decision is? The property tax swap that sparked repeated back and forth? Lean management? If I were an average voter who tuned in to educate myself on the candidates, it would be like starting the Twilight saga with “Breaking Dawn.”
If you haven’t watched it yet, here is the video of the opening statements from KING5. Below, you’ll find the decoder ring to the governor’s debate.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall