Have you ever noticed best actress award winners are 400 percent more likely to thank their fellow nominees than best actor winners?
Tina Fey thanked her friend Amy Poehler upon winning best actress in a comedy award at the Screen Actors Guild on Sunday night. The two are frequently rivals in the category.
Also, Fey had a strong slapback for Lena Dunham, the “Girls” creator and actress who won the comedic acting award at the Golden Globes. Dunham thanked her fellow nominees, and said some of her competitors’ performances helped her get through middle school. It was an unwittingly self-obsessed comment worthy of an episode of “Girls.”
So far, I’m loving the women of the Hollywood awards season. They’re smart, funny and so much more than a hanger for a designer gown. Here are some video clips.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says
Most Read Stories
Here is SAG video featuring Fey’s acceptance speech, and her comeback for Dunham.
Here is Dunham’s speech at the Golden Globes. Scroll to 3:08 for the “middle school” comment and the tail end of Fey’s reaction.
And here is the opening monologue by Fey and Poehler when they co-emceed the Golden Globes with a witty reference to their rivalry, at the 40 second mark.