Chalk up the Seahawks win over the Packers in Monday Night Football to referee karma. It’s revenge of the zebras.
In a controversial call, referees awarded a touchdown to Seahawks as time expired, which gave the game to Seattle. The regular refs are locked out after the on-field referee union and NFL failed to reach a collective-bargaining agreement, and Monday night’s game at CenturyLink Field was called by replacement officials.
The game Monday night was all about the calls.
Just like the Seahawks’ Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2006. That game, too, was all about controversial calls. Seattle was penalized seven times in decisions that were criticized around the country, not just Seattle.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
Most Read Stories
We’ll take it any way we can get it. After another depressing baseball season with the Mariners, this city needs to dust some dirt off its shoulder.