At least two King County Council members seem interested in putting the Sodo arena proposal to a public vote. On Tuesday, council members Pete von Reichbauer and Larry Phillips both expressed interest in the council’s first meeting with Chris Hansen, who is leading an investment group to secure public support from King County and Seattle.
Von Reichbauer said Seattle voters got to vote on KeyArena through Initiative 91, which restricted tax subsidies for professional sports arenas.
What do you think? Take our poll below.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open