At least two King County Council members seem interested in putting the Sodo arena proposal to a public vote. On Tuesday, council members Pete von Reichbauer and Larry Phillips both expressed interest in the council’s first meeting with Chris Hansen, who is leading an investment group to secure public support from King County and Seattle.
Von Reichbauer said Seattle voters got to vote on KeyArena through Initiative 91, which restricted tax subsidies for professional sports arenas.
What do you think? Take our poll below.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says