At least two King County Council members seem interested in putting the Sodo arena proposal to a public vote. On Tuesday, council members Pete von Reichbauer and Larry Phillips both expressed interest in the council’s first meeting with Chris Hansen, who is leading an investment group to secure public support from King County and Seattle.
Von Reichbauer said Seattle voters got to vote on KeyArena through Initiative 91, which restricted tax subsidies for professional sports arenas.
What do you think? Take our poll below.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Your vote counts so little in Tuesday’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites