At least two King County Council members seem interested in putting the Sodo arena proposal to a public vote. On Tuesday, council members Pete von Reichbauer and Larry Phillips both expressed interest in the council’s first meeting with Chris Hansen, who is leading an investment group to secure public support from King County and Seattle.
Von Reichbauer said Seattle voters got to vote on KeyArena through Initiative 91, which restricted tax subsidies for professional sports arenas.
What do you think? Take our poll below.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers