At least two King County Council members seem interested in putting the Sodo arena proposal to a public vote. On Tuesday, council members Pete von Reichbauer and Larry Phillips both expressed interest in the council’s first meeting with Chris Hansen, who is leading an investment group to secure public support from King County and Seattle.
Von Reichbauer said Seattle voters got to vote on KeyArena through Initiative 91, which restricted tax subsidies for professional sports arenas.
What do you think? Take our poll below.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development