Prioritize domestic issues
Obama traveling to Asia is no “legacy” [“Asia trip gives Obama opportunity to build legacy, News, Nov. 18]. That’s much ado about nothing. Anyone can fly to Asia or Africa, attend ceremonies and make nice speeches, which is pretty much what Obama has done for the past four years.
A real accomplishment would be Obama tackling, much less resolving the one-in-six poverty level in his own country — the ever-growing disparity between the 1 percent and the 99 percent, which has so far not changed for the better.
An end to the need for food banks, food stamps and homeless shelters as the American way of life is a true “legacy” for an effective president.
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
Most Read Stories
— Bob Miller, Seattle