Prioritize domestic issues
Obama traveling to Asia is no “legacy” [“Asia trip gives Obama opportunity to build legacy, News, Nov. 18]. That’s much ado about nothing. Anyone can fly to Asia or Africa, attend ceremonies and make nice speeches, which is pretty much what Obama has done for the past four years.
A real accomplishment would be Obama tackling, much less resolving the one-in-six poverty level in his own country — the ever-growing disparity between the 1 percent and the 99 percent, which has so far not changed for the better.
An end to the need for food banks, food stamps and homeless shelters as the American way of life is a true “legacy” for an effective president.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
- Deputies shoot 17-year-old after car chase in SeaTac
- Old Lusty Lady strip club to get new look as boutique hotel
Most Read Stories
— Bob Miller, Seattle