Is your Halloween costume racist?
On Monday, I blogged about when it’s OK to dress as another race for Halloween. (If you missed it, my thoughts are: It depends.) For more context, a reader alerted me to a Tuesday Marketplace radio segment on American Public Radio by Malachi Segers about the same topic. Here’s an excerpt.
In a Halloween chain store in Berkeley, Calif., it takes less than a minute for me to find a costume called “Mexican Man.” Just putting the name right out there. It includes a sombrero, mustache, and pancho. [sic]
Listen to the full segment below.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- Home prices charge ahead, driving some buyers farther afield
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Trump plans rallies in Lynden and Spokane on Saturday