Is your Halloween costume racist?
On Monday, I blogged about when it’s OK to dress as another race for Halloween. (If you missed it, my thoughts are: It depends.) For more context, a reader alerted me to a Tuesday Marketplace radio segment on American Public Radio by Malachi Segers about the same topic. Here’s an excerpt.
In a Halloween chain store in Berkeley, Calif., it takes less than a minute for me to find a costume called “Mexican Man.” Just putting the name right out there. It includes a sombrero, mustache, and pancho. [sic]
Listen to the full segment below.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75