Is your Halloween costume racist?
On Monday, I blogged about when it’s OK to dress as another race for Halloween. (If you missed it, my thoughts are: It depends.) For more context, a reader alerted me to a Tuesday Marketplace radio segment on American Public Radio by Malachi Segers about the same topic. Here’s an excerpt.
In a Halloween chain store in Berkeley, Calif., it takes less than a minute for me to find a costume called “Mexican Man.” Just putting the name right out there. It includes a sombrero, mustache, and pancho. [sic]
Listen to the full segment below.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...