Is your Halloween costume racist?
On Monday, I blogged about when it’s OK to dress as another race for Halloween. (If you missed it, my thoughts are: It depends.) For more context, a reader alerted me to a Tuesday Marketplace radio segment on American Public Radio by Malachi Segers about the same topic. Here’s an excerpt.
In a Halloween chain store in Berkeley, Calif., it takes less than a minute for me to find a costume called “Mexican Man.” Just putting the name right out there. It includes a sombrero, mustache, and pancho. [sic]
Listen to the full segment below.
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Washington basketball great Christian Welp dies at 51
- Mumford & Sons, Foo Fighters, coming to big Walla Walla fest
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says