Is your Halloween costume racist?
On Monday, I blogged about when it’s OK to dress as another race for Halloween. (If you missed it, my thoughts are: It depends.) For more context, a reader alerted me to a Tuesday Marketplace radio segment on American Public Radio by Malachi Segers about the same topic. Here’s an excerpt.
In a Halloween chain store in Berkeley, Calif., it takes less than a minute for me to find a costume called “Mexican Man.” Just putting the name right out there. It includes a sombrero, mustache, and pancho. [sic]
Listen to the full segment below.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- Russell Wilson talks baseball, contract and other stuff on Jimmy Kimmel
- Rules preserving city views set up clash among towers competing to be first, biggest