Thank you for the important column, “Sadly, King County still needs youth-detention beds.” Democracy is under attack from the extreme right in the White House, and from the extreme left in the Seattle City Council.
After exhaustive discussions, local voters approved the much needed new Children and Families Justice Center with about half of the originally proposed beds. This is democracy working.
Now that most basic system of governance must be defended.
Dan Morris, Seattle
Most Read Stories
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
- Washington lawmakers reach tentative state budget deal, but no details made public
- Ohio woman set on fire by ex-boyfriend in 2015 dies