Seattle Mayor Ed Murray wants a soda tax.
If I have to pay a soda tax, and if I am planning to buy a quantity of soda, I will go to Renton or Shoreline or Bellevue, wherever doesn’t have a tax. And as long as I am there, I will do all my shopping there — which means my tax dollars will flow out of Seattle.
Kill the soda tax before it gets me in the habit of avoiding shopping in Seattle.
Cathy Reiner Godwin, Seattle
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Pilots, check your bearings: Boeing Field catches up with Earth’s magnetic field