Seattle Mayor Ed Murray wants a soda tax.
If I have to pay a soda tax, and if I am planning to buy a quantity of soda, I will go to Renton or Shoreline or Bellevue, wherever doesn’t have a tax. And as long as I am there, I will do all my shopping there — which means my tax dollars will flow out of Seattle.
Kill the soda tax before it gets me in the habit of avoiding shopping in Seattle.
Cathy Reiner Godwin, Seattle
Most Read Stories
- Cause of death of Seahawk Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy remains unclear as family, friends struggle with his passing
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Officer hailed for taking down cop killer costs Seattle $165,000 in civil-rights claims
- Seahawk legend Cortez Kennedy dead at 48
- Four months in, ‘Seattle’s only Trump voter’ has his doubts | Danny Westneat