Afghanistan is where empires go to die. Even the Russians knew better than to waste any more resources after a decade of conflict.
Why is the United States still spending billions of dollars on a lost cause? Why isn’t that same taxpayer money being used to restore America’s degraded infrastructure instead? Why aren’t those same military forces given jobs rebuilding our crumbling roads and bridges right here in the United States?
Why aren’t voters who are not 1-percent beneficiaries of the military-industrial complex demanding this outcome?
Rich Thomasy, Issaquah
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Eclipse traffic already heavy in central Oregon