Afghanistan is where empires go to die. Even the Russians knew better than to waste any more resources after a decade of conflict.
Why is the United States still spending billions of dollars on a lost cause? Why isn’t that same taxpayer money being used to restore America’s degraded infrastructure instead? Why aren’t those same military forces given jobs rebuilding our crumbling roads and bridges right here in the United States?
Why aren’t voters who are not 1-percent beneficiaries of the military-industrial complex demanding this outcome?
Rich Thomasy, Issaquah
Most Read Stories
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Officials warn of solar eclipse Armageddon: Wildfires, unprecedented traffic, GPS miscues
- Seattle's own monument to the Confederacy was erected on Capitol Hill in 1926 — and it's still there
- NY Times' editorial page editor: No apology for Sarah Palin
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse