Contrary to the Jan. 12 editorial [“Investigate Russian disruption of election”], Russia did less of manipulating the recent elections and more of a favor for those at least trying to believe in free speech and an open society.
What was revealed in WikiLeaks is what the media has diverted attention from. That a very successful party candidate, Bernie Sanders, was within inches of overthrowing the money-grubbing establishment part of the Democrat Party, and that made the party do as much as possible to undermine his candidacy.
We should be thanking Russia.
Richard Pelto, Kenmore
Most Read Stories
- Look back at our live coverage of the solar eclipse WATCH
- Your guide to enjoying the eclipse from Seattle
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- 3 surprising Seattle restaurant closures — plus 11 more
- Battling demons in a community looking to Trump for change VIEW