I read with interest the article “Rising China waters imperil world of progress.”
The effects of global climate change, severe air pollution and flooding from an unregulated rush to industrialization are happening there now and are disastrous. The Chinese government is now awakening to this reality and is investing in renewable energy.
President Donald Trump, Environmental Protection Agency Secretary Scott Pruitt and others in our own government should travel to Guangzhou and see for themselves. Perhaps this could open their eyes and change their destructive, shortsighted environmental policies here in America.
Eve Gordon, M.D., Edmonds
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman, dozens of athletes respond to Trump's rant against NFL player protests
- GOP’s know-nothing approach to health care is symptom of a bigger disease | Danny Westneat
- Seahawks, Titans only teams to both not take the field during day of anthem protests across NFL WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Pete Carroll responds to Trump comments, backs Seahawks: 'We stand for our players and their constitutional rights'